So I left Cowboy and Paige on Sunday afternoon to attend a coworker's bridal shower. I was gone about 1.5 hours and arrived home with groceries. I saw the camper in the yard that we are borrowing (thanks Rick & Jane) for the weekend so I knew Cowboy had gotten it in the time I was gone. I go and find them, and have Cowboy ask me, "Did you hear what happened?" Umm, no. Not sure who he thinks I talk to every second of the day.
Apparently our clever daughter went into the camper and locked herself in. The key was in the camper and Cowboy couldn't get her to flip the little locking mechanism open. The A/C wasn't on so I think he sort of freaked out (understandibly) and got her to open up the escape window latch. So he got the ladder out and climbed in through the escape window and saved her. My father in law pointed out today, why didn't he just open the window and tell her to hand Daddy the key?. . . I can't wait to ask him that and see the look of "well I didn't think of that at the time." I guess she didn't even freak out for the few minutes she was captive. Girls know when their Daddys will save them.
2 comments:
That is hillarious..do you suppose he is a little bit blond...or giving him the benefit of the doubt..just a little stressed out dad.lol
Love it! My kids haven't locked themselves in or out of anything yet...one day :)
Post a Comment