Thursday, August 20, 2009

Julie/Julia and Kristy/???

So I started reading the book that the Julie & Julia movie is based off of on Monday. Apparently it has motivated me to be a better cook because I looked at Cowboy last night and asked if he realized how good he'd been fed this week. His comment was yes, and he liked it! Since Sunday, I have made tacos, polenta (how's that for a new food--its cornmeal based if you don't watch Food Network), chicken Parmesan, and fried chicken. Cowboy and I were flipping channels on Sunday morning and Food Network was on and Danny Boome was making polenta--which captivated me and made Ryan wonder 'what the hell?' The test of a potential new recipe for me is making him curious, and then he usually will try something. I have to give him credit, he will try most things. We may never eat them again, but he's a sport and will try things. That is more than what most guys in 'meat & 'taters' country will do. The bonus of our culinary week--Paige ate fried zucchini, and like it. She also didn't detest the polenta. The bad thing of cooking so hard, is that I don't want to cook tonight. I sense frozen pizza coming our way. . .
Oh, and I am about half way through the book. Its alright so far. Its a book you don't want to read for hours on end, but works to read in small segments at a time. Its pretty funny, but also a little chaotic--different thoughts randomly appear and are somewhat hard to follow. I like to read the books before I see the movies, so I am excited to see Julie & Julia to see how it compares. Bon appetite!

1 comment:

Jenny Davis said...

I was thinking about reading before seeing the movie as well. Let me know how it turns out.

One time I got all adventurous and made tofu for dinner. That went over about as well as serving a plate of rocks. Which, incidentally, might have more taste than my tofu.

Kudos to you on the polenta - I should try that instead!