Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm so happy we have a girl. . .

There are days I am so happy I have a daughter. This was one of them. If I didn't have her, there would be no puffy pink princess dresses prancing around my house. There wouldn't be tiaras floating all over, and none for me to wear! There wouldn't be layers of necklaces or bracelets to pile on for fun. We wouldn't get to giggle over all the sparkles on her skirt or how shiny it is. I love how she spins around and collapses in a pile of pink netting. I think no matter how old you are, a girl is never to old to spin in a dress, and the bigger the better. Older girls just get wedding dresses. I love there is someone else who says 'Ew, gross' when her Daddy does icky things. I love that she loves to have her nails painted and thinks makeup is fun. I love that she is a girly little thing who is a fabulous shopper. I adore her cute little phrases and mannerisms. I even love her independent stubborn streak. I love that she is mine.


1 comment:

Crystal said...

awww. gotta love the moments in being a parent when you're so, so thankful. Miss you.