Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"It didn't even hurt!"


(I cannot get this picture to rotate, sorry) Anyway, today marked Miss Paige's first trip to the dentist. It went amazingly well. This is her little bag of goodies she was so proud of--its amazing what joy a Snow White toothbrush, sparkly toothpaste, a sticker, and pencil can bring. We went first thing this morning and I commend the staff at the dentist office. Our hygenist did a great job of talking to Paige and telling her what all the tools did, why she wore a mask, etc. She got a good look at all 20 chompers and we have zero cavities. I was a little scared she'd have one--I had horrible teeth as a child. A quick look by the dentist confirmed our good teeth; and next year we'll get a cleaning.
We got to daycare just as another little girl's mom was coming out, and Paige told her "it didn't even hurt!" So I guess we aren't too scarred by the experience and will go back. I guess she told her little friends about the chair that goes up and down, the mirror that goes in your mouth, etc.








1 comment:

Jenny Davis said...

That's great!! Peter just finished up his second visit last week and loves it there. I'm not sure if it's so much about the teeth cleaning as it is about the toys he gets afterwards (from the dentist, not me). I'm a dentist lover as well, so it's nice to see this trait passed on.