Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

As this Christmas Day nears an end, I thought I better post a few pictures. We had a nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We departed from our normal holiday routine and stayed at our own house for Christmas Eve, something Cowboy and I haven't done as a married couple. We figured Paige was entitled to wake up in her own bed on Christmas morning once. My parents braved the weather and came over on Christmas Eve and we went to mass, and then had a wonderful shrimp supper. Then came the presents. It was a good thing Gramma came over, because the present level quadrupled when she came!



One of Paige's presents she was so excited about; a new princess dress!


Opening up presents from Santa; all smiles. I asked her later in the morning if Santa did a good job. She said, "Santa did a good job." We all slept in this morning which was needed after the late night. Paige slept until after 8:30 and I was walking around the house waiting for her to wake up. The funny thing about her and presents is she only wants to open a few and play with those; she doesn't care if there are a few more remaining. So this morning she played with some stuff; and then opened the remaing 2 an hour later. She also just likes to tear the paper off and look at the box--if its a generic box she thinks that's the present!



Our family gift was a Wii and it has been a lot of fun today keeping us enterained while we wait out the blizzard that is still raging outside. Cowboy got a big game hunting game, complete with gun, and has spent a good chunk of today attempting to master it.



Paige and I attempted some MarioKart this morning; and she did a pretty good job. Mom has to assist with some steering, but for her first attempts she did well. I image in a few years she will be better than Mom or Dad; all kids seem to be that way with video games. Note the big pink castle; that was from Santa and has been a big hit today.



We had a wonderful Christmas despite the blizzard that has shut down the state. We won't be able to go see some family tomorrow like our plan was; but hopefully we'll be able to catch up with them in a weekend or two.







No comments: