Friday, November 14, 2008

Vermin

So we have a mouse in our house--ick! It completely ruined my Veteran's Day holiday because I was bundled up in the chair watching morning TV while Paige was sleeping--when I saw it dart across the floor. I was paralyzed with fear and immediately called my fearless Cowboy on the phone (he was at work) and despite my pleas, he just laughed at me and wouldn't come home. He also told me not to use the vacuum cleaner hose to suck it up in the event I caught it, like I wanted to do. So I just sat there, and composed myself enough to go get the traps out. I couldn't even force myself to go near where the mouse had been--and that was using tongs to hold the trap. So imagine me in my pjs, huge bed head, a mouse trap held in my footlong tongs, tiptoeing in the room scared to death it might jump out at me. I couldn't even go back in there. I called my hero Rick (my father-in-law) who saved the day and came and looked for the mouse and put traps out. He understands the 'girls don't do mice rule'. Bless him.

But we have caught the mouse since then and my fearless Cowboy is nice enough to check the traps and is fixing things so we won't have more!

No comments: