Sunday, November 23, 2008

Matt the horse

So its official, my daughter loves horses. Its probably not going to get any better since today she got her first official ride with Daddy . Considering she's two and a half; that's a long time time to wait for your official horse ride. She has sat on quite a few of them; even done the circus ponies, but those aren't 'real' horses since they aren't Daddy's. Cowboy has this huge horse named Matt. He's very nice if you can get over the fact that he is the size of a small elephant. But for non-horse people like myself, he's pretty gentle and not too scary. I don't even mind feeding him if I have to. He's one of the few horses in the world whose pen I will actually get into and not fear for my life.

Well today Matt made his winter trip back to our house and will hang out here until spring when he is needed to move cattle at Cowboy's work. This means Paige and I will have to go feed him on the weekends if Cowboy is gone at the ranch--which thrills Paige. She runs for the door in the morning if it means going to feed a horse. The bonus is also now that if it's warm enough out and Daddy's home; they can go for a ride. She was so excited today to get to ride a real horse. She has stick ponies and the edge of the recliner that she rides like a horse, but after today I have a feeling they might not cut if anymore.








1 comment:

Wanda said...

It sounds like you had an interesting weekend. I really loved the story about the pretty dress....I bet you have something new every day that makes you laugh and be happy that you have such a wonderful little girl.