Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pink Boots

Monday night was the Christmas Stroll in Bowman. The stores stay open late, Santa's there, hayrides down Mainstreet in the horse drawn wagon, the band strolls around and plays, etc. Very nice and cheery. We took Paige to participate in two things--Santa and the hayrides. The hayride was an immediate success because there were horses. Papa Rick, Paige, and myself did the first loop. I did not realize a hay wagon was the junior high hang out--that was a little annoying. Anyway, Paige loved it and didn't want to get off. So her Dad did the second round while I window shopped. I took her to see Santa--big mistake. Got to the door way and she disappeared behind my legs. She wouldn't even walk over and take a candy cane from him. So we don't have any pictures with Santa to post. Oh well, I don't blame her since I remember being petrified of him as well.

We found her Dad in the western store boot shopping. We left with our wallets a lot lighter, a big pair of black boots, and a super cute pair of little pink boots for Paige. Forget about wrapping them up under the tree, they had to stay on her feet. So we cut the tags off and went with it. She didn't want to take them off this morning at Kim's and no one had better even touch them or look at them because they were her new pink boots. She seemed to think her little friend Kyler was going to take them. I guess I didn't really need to waste money on other shoes because I think its all she's going to wear until her toes pop out of the ends!

No comments: