Paige and Daddy modeling their Santa hats.So I am a few days late, but it's the thought that counts! We had a very nice holiday and I am using today to catch up on stuff. Putting presents away, laundry, shovelling snow, all that good stuff. We spent Christmas Eve with my family and spent the night in Hettinger. We gathered with all my cousins to open gifts early on Wed. afternoon and them we headed to church. Problem was that my daughter didn't want to put on her Christmas dress; so she went to church in her jeans, snowboots, and princess tiara that she had just received. We got quite a few looks--but they were all very happy looks. She calls it her 'castle' and wore it through half of the service.
Christmas Day was spent with my parents, and then late in the afternoon we came back home and saw the family in town. Rick's kids are all coming home at some point over the next few days; so its been nice to see them. Paige got to spend Friday with Gramma Jane since Cowboy and I had to work. I think Gramma had to watch Sleeping Beauty 2 times and Tinkerbell once. We had a major princess theme this Christmas and Paige has decided that Sleeping Beauty is her new favorite move for the week.
We all received lots of very nice gifts. Thanks to all who gave Paige clothes; she got lots and I love that! She also got a grocery shopping cart, so I sacrificed one part of a kitchen cabinet so her groceries can live in there. She trucks from the living room and back collecting them and using them up. She really likes her simple toys--including the wooden cookie set I found where you can bake cookies and put the frosting on them.
We had a mini blizzard last night, but today is beautiful with lots of sunshine and lots of snow drifted all over. I was out shovelling early and then Paige and I went out to play. We are both very tired; so here is hoping for a long nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment