My baby girl is almost 6. In 12 hours to be exact. Six years ago I had been told by the doctor I wouldn't make the week and told to make sure I had a bag packed. I wasn't due until the 21st and thought--what the hell does he know. Let's keep in mind he has been a doctor longer than I have been alive (he was there when I was born.) Yup, he knew what he was talking about as my water broke in the middle of the night and we began our quick trip to the hospital and parenthood.
I was tucking Paige into bed tonight and told her she'd be 6 when she woke up. She sort of thought about it and said she would miss being 5. Then she said she'd sort of like to be 4 so that she still fit in the bathtub without bending her legs. Oh, the problems :)
Here is hoping for a wonderful sixth birthday tomorrow; we have a busy day with a birthday party after school and 4 little classmates coming over.
No comments:
Post a Comment