Sunday, December 18, 2011

Our Elf




We finally got our elf.  Thanks to Jackie and Noel for helping us get our new elf, Chester, in time to enjoy him for a few days before Christmas.  I figured getting him for a few days was better than no elf at all.  Paige is at the perfect age for such things; and was SO excited to see him.  We jointly came up with his name and she wrote it in the book he came with.  She spent that first night talking to him and worrying about how he would get out of the box.  Cooper just poked at him behind the plastic sleeve.  Paige had me untie his neck--there was a twist tie holding him in the box.  I convinced her he could until the one around his waist by himself; sort of like a seatbelt.  She found him immediately the next morning on the coat hooks.  He's made it to a different spot each night; but I have heard that sometime there are storms at the north pole and he may be in the same spot.
Cooper was testing us the other night by sort of swatting at the tree ornaments; and Paige just wheeled around and looked at him with huge eyes and scolded, "Cooper--the elf is watching!"  I love the power of the elf.  If only he could stay all year round.

No comments: