I am all by myself. No child, no husband. The quiet is almost eery. I was rejoicing yesterday after Paige was taken to her grandparents for the weekend. No real reason why, other than they all missed each other and wanted to see each other. That works. I came home after work in a vehicle with no little person, no car seat, etc. Then I sat in the living room in the coveted chair with the big blanket and watched what I wanted to watch on TV for a change. No cartoons and no man shoes. Bliss.
Then one hour passes and I was tired of that and lonely. Texted the cowboy to see where he was. He was taking the late shift calving at work so his boss could see his kid at a tournament. Super nice of him. Bad for me. I didn't know what to do with myself. And of course, had no energy to actually do anything other than wallow in my boredom. How sad and pathetic!
So today I am actually accomplishing things and running errands. I am going to the ranch with Cowboy tonight; since I haven't been there in months and it'd be nice for him to have some company up there for once. I am frying chicken as we speak for supper to take with us and have tons of snacks packed for my always increasing appetite. Here is hoping he doesn't ditch me for the cows and I have another lonely night!
No comments:
Post a Comment