We had a family filled Sunday and spent it in Hettinger with my Dad. He was home alone for the last few days as my mom was in Fargo spending some time with her sisters. Dad called me this morning and asked if I wanted to come over and make everyone lunch. I laughed at him and asked who everyone was, and he said you guys and me. I took it as a sign he was really lonely so we headed over there. I get there and he has the kitchen super clean, so we ordered lunch in!
He and Paige did dirty the kitchen to make cupcakes--I wasn't allowed to help so I was sneaking pictures of them instead. I was allowed to help fill the muffin tins; since Grampa had no experience doing that. He let Paige run the hand mixer all by himself; a braver man than I. She did not lift it up and splatter batter everywhere and did a good job. They tasted good too!
The bad news of the day was a phone call from mom that a deer had decided to try and attack her car. The deer seemed to win as she has some damage--including deer hair stuck to her antenna which is on the back of her car. Odd isn't it? They had to stop and peel pieces of the car off so they could keep driving, but Mom and Aunt Connie were just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment