Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Girls Weekend



So I had a wonderful weekend--took Friday off to trek to Williston to visit with some sorority sisters. A bunch of us tried to get a girls weekend together, but 5 of us ended up making it. We camped out in the fabulous Conlin cabin at Lake Sakakawea and attended the Lady Antebellum concert on Saturday night. It was so great to see a bunch of wonderful ladies I haven't seen in a long time. We drank wine, stayed up way too late, slept in, ate more food than imaginable, relaxed, etc. A small road trip led us to the greatest concert I have attended for $20--and a pregnant designated driver doesn't hurt. It wasn't a drunk fest by any means but a more mature version of a college gathering perhaps. I think we just all know our limits now and understand that having fun doesn't have to involve a 2 day headache :) I just want to thank those ladies for setting aside some time for their friends--its hard to do that in the real world, to leave kids and jobs and hubbies behind for a day or two. However, I think those same hubbies and kids get us back as much happier rejevenated ladies. I know I was. AOT.

2 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

This was beautifully put Kristy! Thank you! It was so great to see you, I can't wait to do it again! AOT Sista!
~Sellnow

Jenny Davis said...

Great picture! And you're right - it's so important to get away with friends, even if it's tough to schedule!