Thursday, May 7, 2009

I want my Mom

So I have been battling the 'ick' for several days and it finally got me down. I am prone to sinus infections and can't just get a cold without it attacking my sinuses. So I gave in and went to the clinic yesterday and got my prescription (which they asked me to wait a day or two to fill--in case I could get over it on my own.) So needless to say I felt like crap today and stayed home from work. Why by the way, do I feel guilty about that? I am not a frequent abuser of days off. Paige went to Kim's and I slept until noon. Now this afternoon, I finally feel human again. I got some drugs and hopefully will be on the mend.
Also, thank you Mom for calling and checking on me. No matter how old I am or how much I whine, I do like it when you check on me when I am sick. For all you others out there; I hope you have a Mom like mine to be around when you are sick. She's the best. Lots of sympathy and if she's in the same house--you'll get the royal treatment. My hubby said she ruined me by doing that--needless to say, he's not as sympathetic as Mom is. He doesn't like to listen to me whine and won't fetch things for me--he's never been cared for by Shelly, otherwise he'd probably be more like her!

No comments: