Paige and her daddy riding Matt. She was in seventh heaven with all the cows and horses. I fear she may turn out to be a cowgirl. Sigh.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Cowboys, horses, and cows--oh my!
So our last week or so has been pretty busy. We were fortunate that some college friends of ours ventured out west from Fargo to see us for the holiday weekend. They were sports and agreed to attend a large cattle branding that my Cowboy was helping work at on Saturday. Both friends are from an ag background so they aren't the true city slickers like you may be thinking. I have only attended a handful of brandings myself, but it is a sight to see how 'western' they are! Cowboy got to ride his horse and attempt to rope some cattle--he had the honor of being one of two people whose horse reared up on them. It was very dramatic. However, it was a sucess with no major injuries to anyone and the weather was cooperative, except for the wind. I pretended I was with the paparazzi and took a million pictures since I am trying to figure out my camera settings. I know what the aperture is now :)
Poor little guy--doesn't know what's coming!
My tough Cowboy wrestling those calves.

Paige and her daddy riding Matt. She was in seventh heaven with all the cows and horses. I fear she may turn out to be a cowgirl. Sigh.
The 'city slickers'--not really, but it sounds good! Note which side of the corral we were all on. We were smart and stayed out of harms way. Thanks for coming to see us!
Paige and her daddy riding Matt. She was in seventh heaven with all the cows and horses. I fear she may turn out to be a cowgirl. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristy, I keep up with your blog through Crystal's page, this one is especially good. Same stuff that's going on around here. If you know anyone looking for a good pup, get ahold of me. We bred our Border Collie/Aust Shepherd to a great McNab, and have 9 puppies with brains to spare. I don't want any going to town, and it looks like life would be good for them down your way. Speaking of pups, that three year old of yours is a doll. Laurel Clawson
Post a Comment