Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentine Bobbers

I read this really great article in a magazine that talked about taking the same picture of your child over the years--get them to wear the same thing and try to take it in the same setting. Their example was a mom had a great old vintage swimsuit that had been her mothers and she put her daughter in it each year--starting from birth and every year on her birthday they took a swimsuit picture. They had 16 years worth of pictures on one page and they looked fabulous. You saw this baby swimming in this suit through the years until she was 16 years old and standing their posing like a model. The pictures were very simple and the focus was on the daughter. I thought that was a neat idea; but I don't own a really cool piece of clothing I want to hang on to for the next 18 years. So I decided we'll do a Valentine picture with our 'bobbers' on because is fun and silly. Now that I have a few I am really happy I am doing it. I know in a few years I will have to force her to do it; but hopefully she'll humor me with it.
So gear up for Valentine's Day. . .you have a week to get your chocolates bought!
2007
2008

2009



1 comment:

Wanda said...

thats a great idea!!! I love to see pictures of Paige! she is growing so fast. My pinion is you can NEVER take to many pictures.