Sunday, November 11, 2012

Oh its been a while. . .

I realized I haven't posted in quite a while.  My goal was to keep this updated and get the blog published on an annual basis into the photobooks I see advertised for blogs.  Probably not going to work so well for 2012!  Some things I want to remember from the recent weeks:
  • The giggling squeals of my two children on weekend mornings as they run and play in their pjs.  Paige looked at me today and told me she loved playing with her little brother.  Lets keep in mind she also called him a maniac baby later in the day when he was taking her stuff.  I had to correct her and say he's not a baby anymore. 
  • Cooper is becoming quite a talker--not super clear, but too us its seems like leaps and bounds each week as more words are clear and the sentence structures are expanding.  He'll randoming say a complete sentence and then Ryan and I will look at each other dumbfounded--like, did I really  hear that?
  • Cooper is OBSESSED with Toy Story.  I think I can literally repeat all three movies word by word if I had to.  Plus, we have pjs, a blanket, a pillow, etc.  He likes Buzz more than Woody which I find odd since we live with a real cowboy; but maybe that's why a space guy is cooler.
  • Paige is reading everything in site, and I did not know first grade was advanced as it is--not sure what I was expecting; but not this.  Its awesome and she is doing so well.
  • Paige is also playing a little basketball--its a 3 weekend camp; and I was told she might have a competitive spirit.  Hmmm, wonder where that came from in her gene pool . . .certainly not from the basketball obsessed family I married into :)
  • Halloween was such fun.  6 years old is such a fun age as she is big enough to totally understand things; and she's not scared of strangers or the unknown so much.  She was fearless and I think I could have dropped her off on one side of town and picked her up on the other.  She was polite, said thank you and goodbye, and made a killing with candy.  We still have two huge bowls of candy; and her Dad has been gorging himself at night with it. Cooper tried to imitate his sister and sort of had a version of "trick or treat" but he was still much better than Paige was at 2.  He was excited when he realized he got candy in his pumpkin. 
  • I'm excited for Christmas this year; as I think she is at a magical age for it and Cooper is going to understand more this year than just the paper wrapping.  I'm trying to prep now so I am not a crabby Mom come December and can enjoy the baking, decorating, etc. that I can do with Paige.   I think I may do all my shopping online if I can with a few trips to my small local stores.  I get crabby having to do a one day trip to some other town to shop for everyone in a small time frame--so not worth it.
A few of my favorite pictures from the last few months:
 He thought the pumpkin guts were awesome and just kept tossing them back in
the pumpkin his sister was carving.


 A moment that made me realize I have a big kid.


 
First day of 1st grade, age 6.  A seasoned veteran with no first day jitters--it was a fun morning with a lot of excited energy waiting for time to go to school.


No comments: