Saturday, October 16, 2010

Back to work. . .

I am heading back to work on Monday morning, and my maternity leave will be officially over. I am a working mom. I don't have any shame with this and have gotten over people who try to 'guilt' me because I don't stay home with my children. Don't get me wrong, I would just love to stay home with my kids and rock my baby all day long; however, its not a feasible option for our family. Financially and for my mental health! I have been a little antsy the last few weeks and realized its because I am missing my schedule. I like having to get up in the morning and get stuff done--like take a shower before noon. I am also staring to miss the adult conversations. Paige has been going to daycare since I have been home for the most part; but even when she's home its not the same. I know I will be more exhausted than ever in the coming weeks, but I am trying to brace myself for that. I am also more comfortable with leaving my baby in the hands of a daycare provider, and I think that is helping me tremediously as I know what to expect. The bonus for me is we love our provider who has been watching Paige since she's been 3 months old; so my comfort level with her is very high.



Being on leave with Cooper has been much more enjoyable than it was being on leave with Paige. I think its because I had some experience coming into this round! I have loved getting to know the newest man in my life and could spend weeks just cuddling him and staring into his beautiful blue eyes. Come Monday morning about 8:10 am I will miss the cuddles. I'll miss the adorable pout he has right before he attempts to cry. I'll miss the smiles he's starting to give me when he hears my voice. I'll miss the quiet hours we've spent together just the two of us. However, at 5:00 pm I'll get them all back and those things I have missed will be so much sweeter.

No comments: