Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Big Party

So we survived the big party for my parents. The combined joint birthday party for Dad's 50th last month and Mom's 49th on Monday. We were a little worried about attendence as the day began; and how to grill our pork without ruining it. But everything turned out okay when the food turned out great and we had quite a few people show up. Thanks to everyone who came--Mom and Dad both said the next day what a good time it was. They also compared it to their last raving party (about 30 years ago) and since there were no holes burnt in carpets or masses of beer cans on the lawn; this was much better. I also pointed out that their friends have matured a little bit since we were done partying by 10pm this year.

A few of my favorite things I heard:

Mom: "How's the drink Cowboy?"
Cowboy: "Strong."
Mom: "Good--that's how we like them" and she grinned. (Note: Mom is a 2 beer drunk)

Rayven after she'd been squeezed by Kira: "Stop it, you'll squeeze all of the juices out of me!"

I didn't hear the whole story; but apparently Dr H won for best story of the evening. Raccoons and culvers+guns equal entertainment.

Thanks everyone for coming!

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Hi..I saw Allison's picturs from the party..It looked like a good time. Paige is a chocolate lover huh? I like your haircut.